I WANT AN OSTRICH
By Sonya Annita Song (Author), Kate Fallahee (Illustrator)
I have created my own publishing company, Chinchilla Books, towards the goal of carving a niche for my writing and books in the vast market of children’s literature. I am finally trying to realize what I once thought of as an inconceivable dream, and I hope to inspire others to do the same.
A charming book about a boy wanting an ostrich narrated in fun rhyming verses with eye-catching illustrations. The author collaborated closely with the illustrator to elevate simple rhymes into engaging scenes designed to captivate and encourage curiosity and exploration.
Recommended Age Range:
From 2 to 5 years old.
I have opened an author site for my children’s books for those of you interested in staying more informed about my current projects. Poems that are suitable for children will also be posted on that blog.
The coloring book version of this book is now available as well.
Potential Reasons to Buy:
1. You have a child or know a child who would enjoy this book.
2. You like ostriches or know someone who likes ostriches.
3. You are really curious and/or bored.
4. You have no idea what to buy a child as a birthday gift or treat and you think #1 might apply.
5. You want to support me on my fascinating journey in becoming a beloved children’s writer. It will take 1400 books to break even on my first book after illustration and production costs, so any support would be deeply appreciated.
I am very excited about some of the projects I have coming up, and I look forward to sharing my children’s books with you and your children. 🙂
Here’s a peek into my current book:
WHERE TO BUY
Prices may change depending on retailer.
Coloring Book £4.32
(Look for Amazon.com.au as a seller. Blackwell’s is selling for $31+!)
Coloring Book $7.34
Kindle EUR 3,48
Paperback EUR 7,32
Hardcover EUR 13,38
Here is the cover for my next book, “My Teacher Dad,” which should be coming out in March. This book should appeal to even the older kids.
As mentioned, I have also made a coloring book version of “I Want an Ostrich” for any children who like to color. 🙂
This is an example of what the coloring book pages will look like:I hope my book brings smiles to everyone who reads it. This book was made with really young children (2 to 5 years old) in mind, but my next books will be for slightly older kids. 🙂